Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Infinite Information

If I was not a library science student, I would identify myself as a reasonably ordinary individual. Ordinary individuals, I am convinced, do not have a clue as to the vast number of resources they can tap into to support their interests and their work. I vacillate between being in awe and being overwhelmed. At the least, I have new respect for libraries and their services.

This week, I compared search engines and explored the "invisible web." If I am impressed with one principle, it is that if the answer exists, it is on the web. The trick, of course, is finding it.

Finally, I never used to understand how some people could spend untold hours on the Internet. If one is inclined, however, to play with the many options in customizing blogs, home pages, screen savers, etc., there is plenty to attract your attention. Once it is all in place, though, you can have even more fun changing it again. Ahh, who needs sleep?

No comments: