Saturday, November 15, 2008

On a Roll with Rollyo

As a church musician in a "blended" congregation. I have a great deal of freedom to create music I enjoy playing. One of the challenges, however, is keeping the music sounding fresh and new while honoring traditional tunes. I decided to create a search roll using Rollyo that is comprised of music publishers whose sites I check regularly. The search roll is easy to create and I quickly added eight sites. Using several old standbys such as Amazing Grace and It is Well With My Soul, I quickly could see the value of using this tool. A user can easily navigate between sites AND not only does one arrive at the site, but actually goes right to the item containing the song you have listed. This is a significant time saver. A search does result in items you would not care about such as a music CD or links to Target. There are also distracting ads. Overall, however, this idea of grouping sites is valuable in the same way the BlogLines allows people to group their RSS feeds.

No comments: