Monday, November 24, 2008

Podcasts

This was easier than expected. On Learning 2.0's 23 Things site, two of the three links for podcasting services did not work and I was beginning to think this would be difficult, but PodcastAlley came through. Sorting through the myriad podcasts makes you realize just how many are available for review. My first choice, LibVibes, was outdated. At least it was easy to put in search words, so I could choose from other book and library sites. I posted a couple of URLs to my bloglines.com account easily and the podcasts became easy to access.

Podcasts can be used multiple ways in a library. On an intranet, a library director could deliver messages to staff. On the library's website, podcasts could be a tool used to feature feature book tools, discussions, and the like. Just having podcasts available would send a strong message that the library is current with technology and current thinking.

No comments: